Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Big Shout Out to a First Responder

Who once again was not an armor clad, heavily armed SWAT team member, but who was an ordinary citizen on an ordinary day who did an extraordinary thing.  I am talking about Charles Ramsey who broke down the door to free Amanda Berry in Cleveland.  Ramsey summed it up in his own special way.

"You've got to put that being a coward and 'I don't want to get in nobody's business,'" he said. "You got to put that away for a minute."
He added, "I knew something was wrong when a little, pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms. Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway."
In one of the top tweets about Ramsey, comedian Patton Oswalt wrote, "Dear Charles Ramsey: I am not a little pretty white girl, but I totally want to run into your black arms. #hero."


Here is to you Charles Ramsey!


No comments:

Post a Comment